A team of workers in Hungary share the following information and prayer points:-
As of 13 June, Hungary has had 4,077 cases, 565 deaths and 2,516 recovered.
On 4 March 2020, the first cases in Hungary were announced. The first coronavirus-related death was announced on 15 March.
On the following day, Prime Minister Viktor Orbán announced the closing of all borders.
Night clubs and bars were also closed and restaurants, cafes, and shops only permitted to stay open until 3 pm, except for grocery stores and pharmacies.
Hungarian citizens were asked to refrain from gathering except for family events. The Prime Minister also warned people over the age 70 to remain in their homes for their own safety during the outbreak.
The pandemic peaked on 10 April for new cases (210); on 19 April for deaths (17); and on 4 May for active cases (2054).
Praise God for:
- The swift and effective response from the Hungarian government
- Churches responding quickly to the needs of the extremely vulnerable and sick providing care through deliveries to homes of food packages and medication
- PPE (personal protective equipment) provided by various countries around the world
- Individual believers sewing masks and delivering to them to hospitals, care homes and other vulnerable people groups.
- Online church services with many non-believers watching and making decisions for Christ
- The very positive response from the citizens of Hungary in following the government’s guidelines which has kept the death rate very low.
- Economic recovery – many people have lost their jobs
- Emotional well-being and recovery for families and singles
- Wisdom for a safe return to normal – schools, industry, businesses and recreational facilities
- Especially pray for summer outreaches/camps with very strict guidelines in place
- Pray there would not be a rise in active cases as restaurants and recreational places reopen.