Egypt will have two days of prayer! Today’s prayer material comes from a leader in what is arguably Egypt’s most influential Protestant congregation. Tomorrow we will share a compilation of prayer requests from a range of pastors, missionaries, children’s ministry leaders, and prayer movement leaders.
Praying for wisdom and understanding for the government:
- Provision for the medical personnel (protection and equipment); as cases increase with the increase of the social interaction during the month of Ramadan.
- Economical fortification; in light of the current decisions like lowering the wages, the income outage for the daily workers and unemployment. All of which led to more poverty and increasing problem with crime.
- Enlightenment for the education officials, we pray for a radical transformation which brings forth complete reformation to the teaching curriculum and methods.
Praying for the society:
- Reconciliation and peace among families while staying home.
- Raising awareness of the necessary Covid-19 precautions during Ramadan’s heightened social and Islamic spiritual activities.
- An end to the alarming increase of occurrences of rape within the family.
- Spiritual release for the youth struggling against boredom, life meaning loss and loneliness that drag them into the temptation of drugs, pornography, and severe depression episodes.
Praying for religion:
- Divine intervention amidst the growing movement of atheism.
- Many accuse God for being responsible for the Covid-19 tragedy and its consequences. May He reveal His love to all who struggle with their understanding of who God is.
- Personal encounters with the Lord after the closure of churches and mosques. And the restoration of the power of the secret place (of prayer and intimacy with Him).
- Waves of repentance and the true knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Bringing forth a new era of a great harvest in Egypt! May the spiritual history of Egypt be written as “before” and “after” CoVid-19!
- A consequent spiritual shaking after the virus pandemic shaking to remove those things that are being shaken, so that the things which cannot be shaken may remain – Hebrews 12: 27.
- A breakthrough of signs and wonders in the midst of Egypt. Then the Lord will be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians will know the Lord that day – Isaiah 19: 21
- Unity in worship – the birth of a new and authentic worship among Christians of all denominations.