The following comes from the leader of a mission branch in France.
- The lock-down opens up opportunity for creativity. A lady in Normandy is launching “Pépites de Lumière” (Nuggets of Light), a place where all members of our church (all ages) can share, in whatever art form they wish, how they are living their faith in this confinement. It can be serious or humorous. Pray it will be cathartic as well as encouraging to all and many will participate. Some members are painting, others are writing songs to touch hearts at this time. All are using media as never before.
- May the French Church realise creativity is needed for online communication of gospel. There are too many sermons online. Creativity and the arts are especially appropriate for the French.
- Many of our team members are finding different opportunities to witness during this period. One person working among migrants in Alsace gave his testimony of surviving Covid-19 on an Arabic station to tens of thousands of people. He then prayed for Muslims and their protection. There has been incredible feedback to the station. We pray his testimony will bring many to the Lord.
- There are a lot of prayer initiatives all over France mobilising many Christians to more intercession. Churches are seeing the potential for continuing to use the internet to compliment their activities when the ‘new normal’ eventually takes place.
- Finally, pray that the French like elsewhere would not blame God for Covid but that they would be witnesses to his healing and peace.